A MAGICAL WHIMSY

A MAGICAL WHIMSY IS DEDICATED TO PROMOTING DOLL MAKING SITES, MIXED MEDIA SITES, AND CHILDREN'S BOOK AUTHOR'S SITES. PLEASE VIEW MY SIDE BARS FOR VARIOUS LINKS TO CREATIVE ARTIST'S SITES.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's Time For More Photos of Laurelwood...Our Victorian Home

This is the front walkway.
This is the right side of the house next to the master bedroom.
This is a view from the next door neighbors of the right front side showing the upper balcony door.  There used to be an outside staircase and we intend to replace it.
This is a view of the Widow's Peak and the left side iron work.
This is a photo of the left side door.  Beautiful woodwork indeed!
These are the double front doors.
This is a shot of the left side of the house.
This is in the very front lawn under massive oak trees.
This is a distance shot, showing the massive trees, the entire house and front grounds and the garage which is a masterpiece in itself.
This is a gazebo in the backyard.
This is a photo of the back door and back patio.
This isn't the most beautiful shot, but it shows the rose beds and part of the garage.
At the first part of the year we had an opportunity to purchase a house at foreclosure, and what a house it is!
I think these photos shows most of the outside of the house and grounds.  I will next time, post photos of the interior of the house.  And we are in the middle of remodeling the entire upstairs into three bedrooms.  There are approximately 23,000 bricks that were used in the making of the house and flower beds, and back patio.
ENJOY!

13 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

MY DARLING FRIEND!

YOU SCORED IN A HUGE WAY WITH THIS HOME! It is absolutely palacial and so LARGE!!!! Remind me again where you live in CA?

BRAVO...SUCH A BLESSING!!!! Anita

Gerri Herbst said...

OMG..this is the most amazing house I have ever seen. Do please post pics of the interior, I cant wait to see it. What a true treasure in California, no doubt! take care, gerri

Holly said...

What an extraordinary home! so glad that you were able to get it. I can't wait to see more pictures.Thank you so much for stopping by my place!
blessings!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dearest friend,

WOW...you just gave me an insight to that raindrop photo that I have never thought of but can now SEE in my mind's eye as you beautifully describe the action of the drops turning into crowns! I AM STUNNED to think of how that coincides with my inspiration to speak of CROWNS in this piece!!! But God does turn tears into gems and embeds them into crowns of glory, doesn't He? what a fascinating concept my dearest! I wish you a quiet and creative week; off to school I go this morning to try to do my job, inspire and keep sane!!! It is quite a busy year so far.

MUCH LOVE AND THANKS for your insight...so touching!!! Anita

Palomasea said...

Good Morning!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, for your wonderful message. Indeed, this band is timeless and an inspiration!
And I see I'm right after precious Anita :)

Your home is so beautiful, I love this architecture, so romantic!!

Thank you so much, I look forward to visiting you regularly,
Blessings,
- Irina

Vicki said...

I'm on pins and needles waiting for the interior photos! So beautiful. Congrats. Love your profile pic. The doll you made in Joanna's class is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Love your awesome home, what a beauty! Will return for more visits! Hugs Marilou

Kristin_Texas said...

Now that is one lovely house with BEAUTIFUL character, which is so rare to find in a home these days.

Kristin

Kristin_Texas said...

And oh, wow. Just two hours from the Giant Sequoias? I've always wanted to see those in person. I would imagine hugging those trees is a pretty impossible task, huh? :p

My uncle has lived in California since after high school, and my aunt and her family lived there a few years until recently. My sister fell in love with San Diego. So much so that she and her family visited twice.

Kristin

HeARTworks said...

What a beautiful home! I immediately thought of it as a setting for an interesting novel- so inspiring! And you've got a wonderful name for it too! I am sure you and your family are making wonderful memories here! take care! Patsy from
HeARTworks

C. said...

Seriously? You live here? This is every interior designers dream.....ugh, the envy......I love it. Don't be alarmed if I show up at your door one day- suitcases in hand!

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

I love your home and hope to see more pics. It is a Victorian lovers dream home. I have a 130 year old brick Victorian farmhouse, not large like yours but it is very quaint and feels like home. I love the romance of Victorian homes. You really have a beautiful place there.
Warmly,
Pat

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow! Your home is gorgeous! I see some mention that you live in CA? I used to live in Sacrameto, for almost 20 years. I miss it a lot. Also, your dolls are fabulous! You're very talented. So very nice to meet you!
Hugs, Cindy